Otter Disaster Designs - Pop Culture Themed T-Shirts

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Manos: The Hands of Fate

Several weeks ago at work I was discussing Mystery Science Theater 3000 with my friend Carl. Carl is mostly familiar with the later, Mike Nelson episodes, and wanted some Netflix recommendations for the Joel years. There was only one episode I told him he must see. That episode features the 'film' Manos: The Hands of Fate, and is my favorite MST3K episode of all time. Manos has surpassed Ed Wood's Plan 9 from Outer Space in reputation as the 'worst movie ever made'.

When I recommended Manos, I told Carl about an article I'd read about the movie in issue of Entertainment Weekly. Imagine my surprise when Alex at Neatorama posted an entry about the movie, and had a link to the very same article on the EW Website.

It must be fate.

No comments:

Past Disasters